| A Tour
of Great Britain
You must plan a tour of
Great Britain for 10 Japanese tourists. During their stay, they
want to see as much of Great Britain as possible as they have heard
many wonderful things about it.
They will arrive at London Heathrow on Monday 8th December at 8.00am
and will depart from London Heathrow on Saturday 13th December at
Your guests wish to see the following places:
- A town or City
- A River
- A seaside area
- An industrial area
- Mountains or Hills
They will be travelling in a minibus by road but only wish to
travel 180 miles per day maximum.
1. You will decide the ideal route to cover all of the criteria
– REMEMBER you can only travel 180 miles per day.
2. On the itinerary sheet provided, show your workings out for mileage
– you will need to give this to the minibus driver.
3. To load the itinerary sheet – click
4. On your individual maps show your chosen route (by drawing an
arrow in red).
5. Produce an itinerary (day by day plan) for your guests so they
know what they have got to look forward to each morning. Your itinerary
may be presented in the form of a brochure in either a word document
or a power point slide show.
6. Use the internet (e.g. GOOGLE) to do your research or perhaps
ENCARTA if you have that on your computer at home
- The name of the place that you will travel to.
- The location of the chosen place.
- Any other useful information about the place.
REMEMBER TO MAKE THE TOUR SOUND AMAZING IN